Sunday, January 29, 2006

Note

Just a quick note of gratitude to those who have written such warm, supportive (and very kind) comments on my last few posts. It's been tremendously comforting to me and really helped me pull myself out of the emotional muck.

I guess I tend to write mostly for the satisfaction and solace of sorting through what feels overwhelming and chaotic and making it into some kind of recognizable narrative. It makes me feel less at the mercy of events, a little more as if I have some actual agency in my own life.

The presence of a reading audience (however modest in size--about 15 a day, according to Site Meter, in case you were wondering) turns out to be a welcome bonus, though. How funny for a basically solitary activity to make a person feel so much less alone.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home