Saturday, January 07, 2006

Almost Nate

I dreamed that it was 3 months after I delivered, and Pete and I had brought our chubby and sweet (and in retrospect mysteriously olive-skinned) baby boy to day care for the first time. There were a bunch of other parents of new infants there, and we were going around the room introducing ourselves and our babies. The turn came around to us, and I started in, "I'm Rosie, and this is Pete, and this is our son..." before realizing we'd never gotten around to naming him. I was so embarrassed that I considered for a split second lying and just calling him "Nate," which was the first name that sprang to mind, but decided immediately that I couldn't get away with doing that. This unfortunately left me with no tenable alternative course, so I got flustered enough to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home