Friday, July 15, 2005

Let Me Call You Sweetbladder

Cassie got sent home from day care this afternoon as per Center policy because her temperature went over 100.5 (it was actually 101.3 by the time Pete got there). Also, Cassie told Paula, Center Director and acting preschool room teacher, that her "heart hurt," which, as Pete said, "freaked the bejeezus out of Paula." Fortunately, on further interrogation when I got home, Cassie indicated that her "heart" was at the bottom of her abdomen, with pain radiating to her vulva.

It seemed like whatever she had going on was probably bacterial, because even at the peak of her ibuprofen, her temp was still 100.8 around 9:30 pm. She woke again crying around 3:15 am, but her temp was now down to 99.9. So who knows what's going on. I'll call her pediatrician in the morning to see if we can go in and get a urine dipped.

The thing is, tomorrow was going to be a little catch-up day for me. I have clinical 3P-11P, so I planned not to go in at all to my temp job. And with Cassie in school, I was going to get to answer e-mails and study about oncologic emergencies a little (at the suggestion of my preceptor) and clean the downstairs toilet and do a load of laundry. You know? Well, as Roseanne Rosannadanna's grandmother always used to say...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of... I was just on the subway with some girl friends and saw an advertisement for a automotive trade school called Universal Technical Institute. The acronym that they freely sprinkled around ad copy was, of course, UTI. One of my friends suggested that their school mascot should be the "cranberries."

I hope the little one feels better soon. What a pain!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Rosie Bonner said...

Oh, man. That is so excellent. I hope their school colors are cranberry red and yellow.

Since seeing a rear-window sticker in a minivan, Pete's lately been captivated by the name "Assumption College." He keeps coming up with how academics works at a place like that. ("I'll just assume that if you did write a paper about this...") He wants a t-shirt, but I fear he'd just be seen as a good Catholic.

3:25 PM  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

There were days (in the '60s) when working in the Time Life building seemed so Fraught with Significance that we had to cut out and go to the movies across the street (Radio City Music Hall).

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home