Friday, October 17, 2008

Bug

The evening of my last post, the moral punishment for my griping about my kids was visited upon me in the form of a virus bearing body aches and temperatures in the 101s. I spent a few days on the couch being useless, stewing in the same stinky pajamas for more than 48 hours of it.

This morning I had no fever, and I was supposed to teach, so I decided to venture in to work for a few hours, a little pasty and bedraggled but functional. Cassie, meanwhile, can't seem to figure out whether she's about to throw up or not, and we kept her home today. (The vomiting never materialized, and I'm wondering whether we might have been playing it a bit cautious. One of the interns was telling me that her mother's rule was, "I don't care if I just watched you throw up--if you don't have a fever, you're going to school.")

Pete was at home with Cassie in the morning, and so I dropped Emerson off at day care on my way in to my office. As I was walking out the preschool door, I ran into one of Emerson's classmates being carried in by her daddy. She recognized me immediately. "Thass Em'son's Dad, too!" she exclaimed.

Yeah. Thanks, kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home