Thursday, February 24, 2005

Happy Birthday, Cassie

Just a quick note to say that today is Cassie's third birthday. She's at "school" today, where she's really blossoming since being moved from the "Sprouts" room to the Pre-School room a week or two ago. Last night I made yellow cupcakes with, per instructions, pink icing (dark pink stripes on light pink) for Pete to take in when he dropped her off this morning.

I feel really grateful for this beautiful little creature. She's funny and spunky and loving and willful. Lately I've been taking her to art museums, and she adores it, which warms my cockles like crazy. She's also saying please and thank you a lot lately, and showing interest in learning to read, and it's all so much fun, and I want to go back to tell those former selves--my anxious, trying-to-get-pregnant self of 4 years ago, and my miserable not-having-any-fun postpartum self of 2 3/4 years ago-- that it's okay, it all works out.

Of course, there's still potty-training. Sigh. But whatever. We'll get there. Happy birthday, Cass.

1 Comments:

Blogger elswhere said...

Happy birthday to her! Happy momiversary to you!

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home